NOTIFICATION OF CHANGES TO THE APPOINTMENT SYSTEM AT THE VAUXHALL PRACTICE
We have listened to the feedback we have received from our patients and are very pleased to announce some changes to our appointment system.
1. Routine telephone consultations with our Advanced Nurse Practitioner (ANP) and Doctors will be on the system from Monday 13th June 2022 and available for pre-booking up to 4 weeks in advance.
2. There is no need to ring the practice at 8 am to secure an appointment. As routine telephone consultations are available for pre-booking up to 4 weeks in advance you can ring at any time of the day to book your routine appointment.
3. Your routine appointment will be a telephone consultation in the first instance and if the ANP or GP feel that they need to see and examine you in person they will arrange an appropriate face to face appointment at a convenient time for you to come into the surgery. The clinicians will try their best to call you at the allocated time, however there may be delays. Please call the surgery for any updates if you have not received a call within 30 minutes from the allocated time.
4. If you would prefer to submit an eConsult for a routine matter, rather than ringing the Practice, please note that as with telephone consultations, eConsults will be available for pre-booking up to 4 weeks in advance. You will receive an acknowledgement by text message telling you when your eConsult will be reviewed by a member of the clinical team. The response from the clinical team may be by email, text or telephone as appropriate.
5. If you wish to cancel any appointments please let us know as soon as possible.
MINOR ILLNESS APPOINTMENTS
6. If you need help with a minor illness such as an ear infection or tonsillitis, please ring on the day that you require assistance and you will be offered a telephone consultation with our Nurse Practitioner or one of our Paramedics in the first instance, followed by a face to face appointment if required.
7. If you have an urgent matter that needs to be dealt with on the day, please ring as soon as you are aware that you need help and the Duty Clinician will ring you back and speak to you that day.
8. If you think you may need a home visit please ring before 12:00 noon if possible and our Duty Clinician will ring you back. If a home visit request is made after 12 noon it may be arranged for the next working day.
9. Please note that eConsult requests are treated as routine appointment bookings and are not to be used for urgent appointments.
SHORTAGE OF CLINICAL STAFF
Due to the current shortage of clinical staff at the practice we would be grateful if you would please bear the following in mind when contacting us:
1. Whilst we are able to deal with all urgent matters on the day, routine matters may take a little longer.
2. We require 3 working days notice to process repeat prescription requests. If you are going on holiday and require your prescription earlier than usual, please indicate this when you make your request and allow 3 working day for processing.
We are very grateful to our patients for their understanding during this difficult time.
Your local pharmacist can provide free, confidential NHS advice and treatment on a range of common ailments without you having to make an appointment with your GP.